Tuesday, April 14, 2009

VROC - FOOLs Rush in on to Bend

Pics are from top to bottom, text for a pic is under the pic, click on a pic for a larger pic!

So headed out of Coos Bay north on 101 to 38, hung a right and started to see some smoke a few miles in. About 1/2 mile off the road, a small fire, nothing leading to it so not sure how it got started.



This 'copter was dragging a water bucket, look at the red dot under the wires after clicking on the pic.



Wasn't big, too bad I didn't have a good point to stop back a ways, I had a great view of the fire but we were by a creek and no place to pull over. There was hardware just flying up the road to fight it...


This is the little stream by the road, very clear water...


I've learned to take a sandwich for lunch, that way I can stop where it seems to be a good idea. Went by this little park and pulled in, the water was gorgeous, crystal clear, and as you can see folks enjoyed it.


I was going to take a little "scenic" road and missed a small sign at the beginning of the turnoff... wondered why no body was around... I stopped in the middle of the road for this shot, a great little road.

Then I got to the sign by a wide spot in the road... ALL TRUCKS TURN AROUND!!!
So I thought, hey! This is going to be a goodie!!! The next sign I saw was ROAD CLOSED 4.5 MILES AT SNOW GATE! #*$)%!#$%&#$&#$%&#!%*

But it was beautiful... and I was all by myself!!! sigh


I took this one to id the park, the next one shows the sadness..


It was all burned, sigh


So I got to 3 sisters and took a few pics.. looked like a town made for a tourist trap!! GBG


It looked like it had all just been built, clean, modern, spiffy! And On to Le Grand next...

No comments:

Post a Comment